There's Room for Your Passion
I will say we women are pretty darn talented. We can multitask better than men in most cases and can make it look effortless. Not only that, but we are beyond creative. Have you seen what women are pinning on Pinterest? It's mind blowing!
So why not use your God given talents to start a YouTube women's ministry? Whether you are great at cooking delicious homemade meals, crafting, singing, budgeting household finances, homeschooling, encouraging others through testimonies, discerning the End Times, or sharing the gospel there is room for you on YouTube. I promise!
Just because someone may have a similar YouTube ministry as you doesn't mean you won't impact lives. We all go through different seasons and stages in life and who is to say your channel isn't what another babe in Christ needs at the moment.
But having a desire to minister to other women doesn't mean you know exactly which type of ministry to pursue. Maybe you're a jack of all trades and it's making it difficult to choose. Keep reading as I help steer you in the right direction.
In Need of Direction
Are you ready to minister to women, but are having a difficult time choosing a focus? Well, before you get frustrated with finding a direction it's important to evaluate your strengths, weaknesses, and spiritual gifts. Ask yourself this:
- What talents and gifts has God blessed me with?
- How have I been able to bless people in the past?
- What resources do I already have to help me pursue a YouTube ministry?
- Can my past experience (testimonies) help other women through ministry?
- What are my areas of weakness i.e (singing (tone death), speaking in front of large crowds (stage fright), cooking (can't boil water), cleaning (home is a pigsty)?
- How well can I recall scripture in a moments notice?
- Do I have enough time to pour hours and hours into editing elaborate and detailed videos and constructing video topic ideas?
- How knowledgeable am I with using editing software and filming equipment?
- Am I overly concerned about the opinions of others?
- How confident am I with demonstrating my talents and gifts to strangers on camera?
- What are my passions?
These are just some of the questions to ask yourself that will help guide you into what type of ministry to launch.
From elaborate video editing to raw, uncut vlogs (video blogging) there are multiple ways to present your YouTube ministry to your audience. Discovering what type of ministry you are led to create can determine your editing style and its complexity.
I will now explain in depth three popular ministries and their pros and cons.
3 Examples of Ministries for Women
YouTube homemaking ministries are for the most part demonstrative. Meaning, instead of just sitting in front of the camera chatting away you are demonstrating your homemaking skills via vlogging.
You actually take your viewers through your homemaking processes such as cleaning, cooking, homeschooling, sewing, gardening, decluttering, tending to children, making errands etc.
Your followers get to see first hand what you do on a daily basis as if they were along side you. It's similar to a video chronicle of your life.
- Most YouTube subscribers and viewers appreciate demonstrative videos.
- You can connect with your audience on a more personal level.
- Setting up your video recording equipment to get the perfect angles and shots can be time consuming as you perform your homemaking tasks.
- Vlogging can be intrusive to you and or your family.
Bible Studies for Women
If you enjoy teaching the bible then conducting YouTube bible studies for women may be a great avenue to take. More and more women are flocking to YouTube to expand their knowledge of the bible. I know personally women who desire and crave online bible studies.
You can get as creative as you like with your delivery whether you are speaking in front of the camera with your bible in hand or are using voiceover with powerpoint displays to help teach.
- Because the bible is so dense it will be difficult to run out of bible study topics.
- You're helping women to reach a deeper understanding of God's word.
- It tests you to rightly divide the word.
- You will have people challenge your teachings and doctrine even if it's sound.
Healthy living is another popular YouTube topic and is important for the Body of Christ. In order to fulfill God's purpose for our lives we should all take care of our bodies as best we can so that we are readily available to serve the Lord.
Creating a healthy living ministry is a fantastic way to connect caring for our temple to God's living word.
- You're encouraging women to take charge of their health.
- You can get creative with posting recipe, exercise, and daily scripture/devotion videos.
- It holds you accountable for living a healthy lifestyle as your audience will notice when you're not.
- It's a balancing act of demonstrating humility while not allowing pride and vanity to corrupt the flesh.
The Most Important Factor
After narrowing down your choice the most important thing to do is to get confirmation from God that you made the right choice. You never want to step outside the will of God, especially when ministering to others so it's imperative He gives you the green light.
Also, this may sound contradicting to everything I wrote, but God can take your weakness and turn it into a strength to fulfill His will. Don't be surprised if you suddenly overcome your stage fright because God has given you the courage to speak a bold word to the multitudes.
Have you read the Book of Exodus? Moses had a speech impediment, but overcame his fear of public speaking when leading the children of Israel out of bondage.
No matter what your calling is remember you have a divine purpose and God can and will use you for His glory.
Lastly, if you fear rejection from others while ministering please don't take it personal. People are not rejecting you, they are rejecting God and He can handle it.
–– Call to Action ––
Has God called you into ministry and if so, are you hesitant or ready to get the ball rolling? Please share in the comments.
–– Watch My YouTube Video:–––
How to Choose An Online Ministry for Women